Category Archives: Event

Tonight was the Chicago Starry Night event with the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and it’s also Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.

It was a great night supporting a wonderful cause. And it’s NOT TOO LATE to contribute to event. If you would like to learn more and donate, please see the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation in this link.

Why should YOU care?

• Cancer is the #1 disease killer of children; more than AIDs, asthma, diabetes & cystic fibrosis combined
• Incidences of childhood cancer have increased every year for over 25 years
• Worldwide, every 3 minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer
• Brain cancer is the #1 most deadly form of childhood cancer and is the least funded
• 13 kids per day are newly diagnosed with brain cancer
• BOTTOM LINE – U.S. gov’t gives just 4 pennies of each cancer research dollar to fight ALL childhood cancers… while 96 goes to adults

Let’s be the change friends…much love,

Jennifer

Another wonderful fundraiser for Team Noah Willis in the books raising funds for Lurie Children’s Foundation. Wow, these ladies did a fantastic job! So many great donations, prizes, and auction items. All for a fantastic cause!

If you’re not familiar with Noah’s story, please go read it. The story of the Willis family could be any of our stories. And their battle is the battle of far too many families and their children.

If you missed the event, but would still like to donate – click here.

What an honor to take part in another fundraiser for Team Noah Willis and to raise funds for Lurie Children’s Foundation. The team at Dance Dynamics hosted a super fun event where kids got to win prizes, get their nails done by Jamberry, have their face painted, load up on snacks, and of course…dance it off! All while raising $6700!

If you’re not familiar with Noah’s story, please go read it. The story of the Willis family could be any of our stories. And their battle is the battle of far too many families and their children.

If you missed the dance off, but would still like to donate, checks can be submitted on behalf of Team Noah Willis:
Check payable: Lurie Children’s Foundation / Memo: Team Noah Willis
Address:
Lurie Children’s Foundation
Attn: Ashley Lavore
Team Noah Willis
225 East Chicago Avenue, Box 4
Chicago, IL 60611

What a privilege it was to be involved with this event. A few friends, moved by the story of Noah Willis (which you can read about here) wanted to do something and take action. The idea was a girls night with a few raffle baskets. The idea gained momentum, grew twice, and turned into a pretty wonderful evening of friends, fellowship, and charity. So many gave time, energy, goods, and donations that resulted in the raising of $6,000 in a couple of hours. All of which will go to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation.

Some of the statics are a bit horrifying…1 in 285 kids will be diagnosed with cancer before the age of twenty. 96% of all federal funding for research goes to adult cancers – leaving only 4% for childhood cancer research. Less than 1% of the donations made to the American Cancer Society goes towards childhood cancer research. Pharmaceutical companies fund over half all adult cancer research, but rarely fund childhood cancer research because it is not profitable… Don’t our children deserve better than this?

Thankful for the Willis family who have been open, honest, and vulnerable and are doing their part to be voice for pediatric cancer. Their story of faith and endurance continues to inspire many.

For more information or to donate to PBTF go here. Doing nothing is not an answer. Do something. Together we can make a difference.

 

F a c e b o o k
I n s t a g r a m
S e a r c h