Tonight was the Chicago Starry Night event with the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation and it’s also Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
It was a great night supporting a wonderful cause. And it’s NOT TOO LATE to contribute to event. If you would like to learn more and donate, please see the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation in this link.
Why should YOU care?
• Cancer is the #1 disease killer of children; more than AIDs, asthma, diabetes & cystic fibrosis combined
• Incidences of childhood cancer have increased every year for over 25 years
• Worldwide, every 3 minutes a child is diagnosed with cancer
• Brain cancer is the #1 most deadly form of childhood cancer and is the least funded
• 13 kids per day are newly diagnosed with brain cancer
• BOTTOM LINE – U.S. gov’t gives just 4 pennies of each cancer research dollar to fight ALL childhood cancers… while 96 goes to adults
Let’s be the change friends…much love,